Quitting smoking isn’t considered easy, but it’s worth it when you realize just how your life can benefit from stubbing out the fags for good. The damage smoking causes is terrible, and it’s not like you’re only hurting yourself either; secondhand smoke is awful too! Let’s face it; smoking is unattractive, costs you loads of money that could have been better spent, causes problems to your health, and is just plain silly. You can check this site to get more information about it.
Why You Should Quit Smoking Right Now:
- You will reduce your risks of developing horrible illnesses, becoming disabled, and even dying.
- You’ll protect the health of your family, friends, and the general public by not exposing them to your secondhand smoke.
- You’ll reduce the risk of your children suffering from meningitis, ear infections, bronchitis, and pneumonia.
- Your fertility levels will improve, and you’ll increase your chances of having a baby.
- Your breathing will improve.
- You’ll be able to enjoy food more as your taste buds restore to their former glory.
- You’ll save lots of money.
- You won’t smell of nasty cigarette smoke.
- Your teeth and skin’s appearance will improve.
- When out on the town, you might find that people approach you more.
- Your home and car will smell much better.
- You’ll reduce the fire risk in your home.
- In just 24 hours, carbon monoxide will be eliminated from your body.
- In 72 hours, your energy levels will increase, and you’ll find it much easier to breathe.
- After 5 years your risk of heart attacks will fall to half compared to a smoker.
- After 10 years your risk of lung cancer will be half of that of a smoker. Your risk of heart attacks will be the same as someone who never did smoke!
- Smokers lose an average of 16 years off their life.
- If you have children or plan on having children, you’ll find it harder to play with them.
- 90% of lung cancer cases are caused by smoking.
- Smoking kills around 80,000 people every year.
- You can get electronic cigarettes which feel like the real thing, although they are nowhere near as dangerous.
- You can get great support from internet forums, support groups, the NHS, and more.
There are more than enough reasons listed to stop smoking. You’ll look and feel better, smell better, you won’t be putting your family in danger, and you’ll reduce your risk of getting a horrible illness. Plus, if you’ve got kids or you plan on having kids, you’ll want to set an example for them. Imagine how you’d feel if your child began to smoke? Smoking does nothing but compromise our health and make us smell gross, so the amount of people that refuse to even try to quit is ridiculous. Make the decision to change your life for the better and adopt a new, much healthier lifestyle – you won’t regret it