HOW TO BECOME A DEALER AND WHY THESE PRODUCTS ARE BETTER
The first step is to become an authorized exempt market products dealer. How should one go about this? It's simple. To become an exempt market products dealer you must register with the securities authority. There are many which are fluid throughout Canada. Just register with one. It's a good idea to get registered with more then one. If you can only afford to register with one, then that will be okay.
How can you do this? Just go online to one of their reputable sites and download the form. Once it's filled out, bring it in. Don't mail it in. You can't trust the post office that much. If you take it in personally, it will be taken care of that much quicker. If you don't know where your local office is, d a search online. Go to one of the links. They will bring up a list of offices closest to you.
WHY SHOULD YOU CONSIDER WORKING AS AN EXEMPT MARKET PRODUCTS DEALER
There are lots of investment professionals on the market. Only the exempt market products dealer can give you what you need. This is why I recommend trusting your financials with them.
What are the benefits?
1) Peace of mind–This sounds like a cliché, but it's true. These guys always work in compliance with the law. They are always working to uphold the highest standards possible. You can trust they are going to do the right thing. They have to. If they don't, they are going to be held accountable for their actions. The penalties are nothing to joke about either. This is why it's best to have these guys on your side.
2) Efficiency–This is another important aspect to their job. They are required to do things by the book. They do this to ensure complete and total proficiency. You don't want someone on your side who is doing things under the table. When you work as an exempt market products dealer you can't afford to be anything other then honest. They must work under fair trading, nothing shady.
3) Regular audits–This is mandatory for these guys. They are required to have at least $50,000 working capital in the bank. They must disclose everything they are doing for their clients on a regular basis. They are even required to disclose what the company is doing. Their statements are audited several times a year. These dealers are also required to have multiple insurance policies on board. In other words, no screw ups are allowed.
4) If you have a problem with your representative, there is an independent contractor ready and available. This means your case will be treated fairly. Your case won't be prejudiced in any way, nor will it be compromised.
5) You also get a wide range of options. Other dealers will just give you one or two options, that's it. It doesn't exactly inspire people to invest with them. These guys are completely different.
For more information on market strategies and the dealers who can help you, please visit us on the web.